Verizon is one of the top telecom companies in the US with millions of users using their network for calls and internet. If you too are using Verizon for internet service and want to set up your newly bought Eero with it, then there is nothing complicated about it. You can set up the device normally. There are certain steps, which you will have to follow in the eero setup app, which I don’t think would be much of a concern for you. Besides following the instructions, you need to plug your gateway eero into the modem directly, and in the process, you will have to replace your Verizon router in case you are using one. When it comes to setting up eero router and want to use it with Fios TV, then the process is a bit different.
When you are using Fios TV, then you will have to maintain your Fios Router as it is going to broadcast a signal directly to the TV set-top box. Moreover, you will have to place your eeros in bridge mode in case you are looking to access all the features of the Fios TV.
When you bridge your eeros, then that means, you are allowing Fios Router to manage the routing of your internet signal. While there is everything great about this process except the fact that the controlling of the advanced networking features will be done by Fios Router. As a result, those features can’t be controlled via the eero app, so if you were looking to do so, then I guess you will be left disappointed.
How to set up your eeros with Fios TV?
- You need to begin with plugging one of the eeros into the Fios Router instead of the modem. This is suggested in the default instructions that are given in the eero support app. The eero that you choose will be your gateway eero.
- You will be provided with some instructions in your eero app, which you need to follow precisely.
- Once your eero network is properly set up, you need to navigate to the hamburger menu, which you can find in the top left corner of the eero app.
- In the menu, you will see a number of options, but the one that you need to select is ‘Network Settings’.
- After that, you will have to tap ‘Advanced Settings’, which you can find at the bottom of the screen. Once you do so, tap the ‘DHCP and NAT’ option.
- Now, you need to toggle to bridge mode, which you can do by tapping ‘Bridge’.
That was all about setting up eero router with Fios TV. If you are able to set up the device successfully, then that’s well and good, if not, get it done with the help of eero update and support providers.