One of the biggest challenges with old routers was the complex and confusing setup process. Eero has a different approach for its setup. Eero Installation makes the whole setup experience a breeze. Want to know? Let’s dive into the process of how to setup Eero.
With the help of Eero app, you can easily complete the setup process. To know the process in details, keep reading the process content.
Setup Components that must be readily available
- Ethernet cable.
- Power cord
- Android app.
- 2nd generation Eero.
- Smartphone with the data network.
- Proper internet connection
1st step: Download Eero app for iOS or Android
- Download free eero app from the apple store if you are using iPhone or open Playstore from android phone.
- Download the latest version of the app so that it supports the Eero. It must be remembered not to download the app from your computer web browser.
2nd step: Give details about your home
When you launch the app for the first time, you need to enter some details about your home. With this, Eero Wifi Setup will let you know the best location to place it at your home.
3rd step: Create Eero account
To create an Eero account, basic things necessary are phone number and valid email address. By default, the verification code will be sent on your mobile number. In case, you want to receive in your email, you can opt for this option. Enter the code in your app to create the account.
4th step: Setup Eero
There are 3 basic steps to set up an Eero which are given here as under:
- Unplug modem: If any other device is connected to the modem, unplug it and wait for 2 minutes.
- Connect the Eero to the modem with the help of Ethernet cable. You can use any port out of the given ports of Eero.
- Plug the Eero Update to the power supply with the help of an adapter.
5th step: Create Eero network
Once everything is plugged in, it’s the time to create Eero network.
Click ‘Next’ to start searching the eero through the app. The moment it finds, the blue LED which was flashing earlier will turn to sold blue now. You can now select any name for your Eero.
If required, enter a serial number of your device which you can check from the back of it pasted in the form of a sticker. Search barcode with characters in the starting and at the end.
After selecting the name, it’s the time to select a password for the SSID. This SSID is used to connect devices to your Eero.
- If you were using any router earlier as well, then the best way to choose the SSID is by simply reusing the old one with the same password. With this method, there is no need to connect the devices again to the network. It will get connected automatically.
- However, running more than one network with the same SSID may create confusion for connecting devices. If you are using a combo device, then it is strongly recommended to use ‘Bridge mode’ on the device. For any help related to this, you can check the link available on the page.
6th step: Click ‘Next’ and the setup will complete.